scn [spam]

Karyn Quinlan karyn at accessone.com
Thu May 27 09:33:35 PDT 1999

>  Should _not_.  Please note that "these companies" (the spammers?) and
>"the offending ISPs" are NOT the same; and unless, and _until_, an ISP
>proves unresponsive it is better to get their cooperation.  And that means
>not making things harder for them.  (After all, there have been times when
>SCN was "the offending ISP".)

Okay, last try...

Some ISPs, through their marketing ploys, actually encourage spammers. This
is the point.

Did you read the abuse reply? (See below.) Conscientious ISPs appreciate spam
reports. And big commercial ISPs that spawn *huge* amounts of spam need to
take responsibility for what they do to encourage spamming. They do indeed
offend.

I'm out of this discussion, too many straw man arguments...