Janos Szablya thoughts on the SCNA Election

Janos Szablya janossz at scn.org
Fri Feb 18 01:01:05 PST 2000

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE

As you may know Janos Szablya (I) is (am) running for the Board of SCNA.

I look at the people running and see a great group of highly qualified
people. Then I say why should I run this time.....

A lot of things have happened to SCN in the past few years that need to be
addressed.

The support to our volenteer base.

This support comes at many levels and depending on your levels of
responsiblity   users, volenteers, webmasters, hardware, software,email
training, help, services, outreach, computer put-it together for the poor
people-people.
Each goup of people requires a special support that is unique to there
needs. I've been around for a while (since before we had a computer) my
home served as an early meeting place. Having worked with each of the
above mentioned groups at some time, I posses a unique understand on a
fundemental level what we as volenteers need.

Have you noticed I can't spell? Thats because I learned this one language
3rd (4th if you include the one I never use and can't remember).

I have a good grasp of technology, (Tech. Cert. Braunscheig, Germany
Electro-Mechanics '73) and a clue about software and Networks (Novel Cert.
1988 or '89), I became the first theater operator to sell tickets-online.
(sold 3). And I do theater for a living because of my love of life. I am
the Facilities and Events Manager at Bellevue Community College, I have
worked For the Auburn School district as well as Seattle Rep. and Seattle
Opera. I have a bunch of Certificates that don't mean squat to this job
and enjoy High Steel Rigging (Kingdome stuff .... OH NO I"M ABOUT TO LOSE
A JOB......SITE).

We seem to have lost a little of the shine we have had. It is this shine
that we need to rekindle.

Any one of us running is capable of this Board Position.
I have already voted since I am in Production on election Night...

Joesph....dreamcoat.   wanna see it write or details....
(see the humor here in the network....)

Anyway...

I can do the "Board Thing" as well as anyone, I have been on the Board of
the Eclectic Union Theater (Acclaimed World Wide Multiple international
award... including the Geneva International Press Club Medal, and The
George Washington Freedom Medal) since the early 80's and we are in the
black on all projects... The Hungarian Government contracted me to look at
privatizing their theater industry... I've served as a King County Arts
Commision Ejudicator (sp?) the same with the WAVE Awards. My point... I'm
respected in my field... and appear to be well liked by my peers.

I'M NOT STUPID  (do not ask my wife to verify this statement)

My position is that the Board needs to look at the essence of who we are
and why we are here.

As we enter the new decade (I'm trying not to say Millenium, cause I can't
spell it) the internet that was a modem at 300 baud when we began in not
moving so fast that we are on the edge of having helped create the next
great momnet in Human History.. when we are all in touch and
become one "family".

We within our community have already reached that point and we as brothers
and sisters are squabbleing over nothing, just as my brothers and sister
and I did in our youth.
 We are 10 years old and about to face the teens. If we
continue on the course we started on and are trying to stay on with
the changing times, then we will survive. The reality is
that the world is a vastly different place today that it was then.
We must stand to our IDEALS.... But let's fight for them and not each
other's resources.. we can share and "love"..... didn't mom teach us that?

We will be buried if we can't rebuild the volunteer moral to the great
levels of the past. I ask you all to vote your conscience. Vote with
reason,

AND VOTE FOR

                                  JANSO SZABLYA

                         The guy who can't spell his own name