SCN: $86,000 (was: Put up or shut up.)

Kenneth Applegate starsrus at scn.org
Mon Jun 26 09:27:23 PDT 2000

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, J. Johnson wrote:

[...]
> It is also a matter of a large sum of money.  As only one of several
> issues here, it is an uncontroverted fact that Rich has sued several Board
> members and other SCN volunteers, asking for damages of around $86,000.
> And if Rich were to win, most of us read the by-laws as requiring SCNA to
> foot the bill--which would bankrupt us.  Is this petty?

Thanks, JJ. I believe this is the FIRST time anyone involved has ever
bothered to put an actual $$$ figure on the cost of Rich's suit!

Now, if we could just get Rich to be as clear and brief in stating the
actual things that he is accusing the SCNA board of doing, instead of
posting endless, meaningless mumbo-jumbo, we might get somewhere in
judging if there is any basis for his accusations.

Ken Applegate

[...]

Ken Applegate           How do you identify astronomers from Seattle?
<starsrus at scn.org>      By the windshield wipers on their telescopes!