SCN: New Web Pages

Aki Namioka aki at halcyon.com
Tue Mar 21 09:16:58 PST 2000

Hi All:

After reading all the messages about the new site, I expected something
awful and unusable.  However, I was very pleasantly surprised.  Its much
easier on the eye than the old pages, which were really fussy.  True, the
SCN presence should be more prominent and information about SCNA and how
to join is shunted off to the side, but there are some good things about
it that I would like to keep.  The navigation bar at the top is nice.  The
SCN site of the week looks great - the picture gives a human face we
didn't have before.

I think with a little work this page could be quite nice.  I agree that
the process of introducing this could be better.  Next time, perhaps there
should be a trial period so people's comments could be accomodated before
going live.

Thanks,
Aki Helen Namioka
aki at cpsr.org