SCN: RE: Redesigned Web pages

Kenneth Applegate starsrus at scn.org
Wed Mar 22 13:42:16 PST 2000

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 ttrim at scn.org wrote:

Terry -

One good thing about the new Community page is that Rod has a link to
current current SCN Information Providers page (www.scn.org/sites.html).
That is arranged as a nice alphabetical listing. I made a suggestion for
easier navigation of the list, and Rod said "why don't you work on it?" I
did that last night, sent Rod a copy, and installed a copy under my
personal web page area. It sets up an "A B C D ..." navigation bar, and
clicking on any letter puts you at the listings for that letter. There is
also an easy return to the index letters from each section.

If you or anyone else wants a look at the redesign, you can view it at

http://www.scn.org/~starsrus/sites2.html

[sorry - I haven't grabbed the graphics for all the icons yet, so you just
get the page text].

Ken Applegate

> Hi Ken,
> You are voicing here what I have been TRYING to say to Rod
> for MONTHS and MONTHS. Every time there is any kind of
> discussion about the webpage I bring it up, and am
> ignored. Rod wants to be the new Seattle Sidewalk or
> something. He wants more content, more links! No one is
> putting any energy into getting more IP's, and that is the
> shining star of what SCN does, provide FREE space to IP's!!
>
> I hate that the IP's we have are no longer featured in a
> logical manner. But that is just me.  Well, and I guess
> you.
>
> I appreciated all your comments!
> Terry T.
>

> > This is not to say there shouldn't be links somewhere on
> SCN to such
> > resources.  But it should be sorted out and classified
> more logically. And
> > all the extra links to information shouln't get in the
> way of finding
> > sites maintained by IPs on SCN - after all, one of the
> things we do it
> > host web sites, and it should be easy to find them.

Ken Applegate           How do you identify astronomers from Seattle?
<starsrus at scn.org>      By the windshield wipers on their telescopes!