SCN: websites to feature

Lois Beedle ljbeedle at scn.org
Fri Sep 14 09:25:28 PDT 2001

I seem to have missed something.  We went from discussing featuring
websites to what links to have.  As a topic editor I link to anything
anyone requests that fits into my topic whether I agree with their point
of view or not, whether I can 'see' their page or not. I do not feel that
SCN desires to hold anyone else to the standard that I thought we had for
our own information providers.

But I do feel strongly that accessibility is a serious matter and I
thought that was what we were all about.  When I use lynx I expect to be
able to 'see' any page hosted on scn.  That is not always the case.  I
would expect that any site featured by scn would be 'seeable' by me.

Folks need to know that one can have an good looking interesting page on
scn - with some bells and whistles for graphics folks and still be
accessible by those who can not see all the fancy stuff.  What better way
than featuring them?

When I built my first two sites I was never able to see them on line with
a graphics browser.  I still put up graphics that others enjoyed - with
alt tags for the rest of us.

Lois
 Dip it in chocolate, it'll be fine.