SCN: Update: SCN site redesign link

patrick fisher clariun at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 16:39:43 PST 2002

Folks,

This past fall and winter, I worked with a web designer to come up
with a new look for SCN. I provided an idea for a style that was
simple and we used a couple of other sites as examples for what we
were looking for in a look for SCN. I'll reserve judgement on the
site which is located at:

http://www.studio30.com/scn/scn_faq.html

In that time, an SCN volunteer came up with a site design based on
the same parameters as those given to the web designer. This design
is right on the mark with what we were looking for. It is not
necessarily in its final form, but represents, as close as possible,
a direction we aimed for. This site is located at:

http://www.scn.org/~lee/scntesta.html

If you have comments, please direct them to webeditors at scn.org. We
will be discussing the site redesign at the general meeting on
Wednesday as well. I will have printouts available of both sites up
for consideration.

Also, logos have not be finalized in any way. Your comments on the
logo ideas are welcome. The logo on the second site were designed by
a graphics designer I found, enlisted, and worked with to come up
with logo ideas.

Thanks much,
Patrick

=====
Webmaster
Seattle Community Network
http://www.scn.org
"Powering our communities with technology"