SCN: Update: SCN site redesign link

Doug Schuler douglas at scn.org
Tue Feb 26 14:52:40 PST 2002

Hi, Patrick and everybody else...

You won't be surprised (I guess) to learn that I don't like
the new logos.   I vote for a cleaned up version of the
logo we've always had.  I don't see any need for a new one and
I'm not clear as to who authorized this in the first place.

I don't like to criticize this generous
pro bono work but I suppose it's necessary.  The first one
-- computers -- is generic and I don't like the color
scheme.  On my computer the computers and the label
aren't centered (but that is minor).  The second one looks
like a warmed-over version of the city of Seattle's logo.
The third I like because there is some funk in it and
it hearkens to what I thought was our logo.  I'd like to
include the categories that we use instead of what
was used in this version.  I wouldn't want to use this
*instead* of our current one; but as a supplement.

I don't like the block letter version, simple or not.  WHY
change to *that*???

What's wrong with the original logo?  Yes, it's fuzzy, etc. so
let's clean it up.  Is that so difficult??

The statement on the studio30 web page is curious: "Native American
leaning on a sand dune, holding a palm tree is the consensus."
Consensus??  Among whom?  (consensus means that *everybody* agreed so I
was wondering a bit where this info came from)

And -- IO hate to be so critical but I find it hard to read the
new "basic buttons."

I question why this was even undertaken at all when there are so many
other crucial issues with SCN.

-- Doug

   *     SHAPING THE NETWORK SOCIETY                                *
   *          Patterns for Participation, Action, and Change        *
   *                  http://www.cpsr.org/conferences/diac02        *
   * Tomorrow's information and communication infrastructure        *
   *   is being shaped today.                                       *
   *                              But by whom and to what ends?     *
   * Questions: diac02-info at cpsr.org                                *