Fear not Re: Archving/Updating SCN (was RE: SCN: Hello? )

patrick fisher clariun at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 11:40:07 PST 2002

Please everyone,

This discussion is getting a bit out of control.

I do appreciate everyone's input. It is very valuable.

However, before you let your imaginations take hold and interpret "what could
happen" as reality:

Please come to the general meeting ask ask the topic editors and myself about what
is going on. Or email webeditors at scn.org and ask.

I think there is too much needless worrying. I was going to stop posting on this
topic as no one has specifically asked the topic editors and myself what is going
on. People are assuming far more than what is going on in reality.

I don't want to sound condescending. I'm human and I do the same things: You might
read a newspaper article or hear something on the radio, partial information, then
you go talk to someone else and the conversation becomes "reality" and it takes a
life of its own! It's only natural.

If I were not discussing the future with the topic editors and only reading some of
the ideas circulating, I'd be freaking out.

Rest assured, SCN has a very capable, talented, intelligent, and thoughtful group of
topic editors. SCN is very lucky. And I feel very lucky to be working with them.

With that said, I won't go any further into this topic. I would have to write
volumes on even a simple subject in order to cover every angle, perspective, and
provide an airtight message about what the topic editors and I have discussed for
many hours at many meetings.

Nothing is being taken lightly with SCN. It will be okay.

Most importantly: NOTHING is being deleted. NOTHING is being thrown away. We are
archiving everything. Whether that will all be available for viewing is another
matter, but it will all be there.

Thanks!
Patrick

---