SCN: Re: Meeting Notes

ljbeedle at scn.org ljbeedle at scn.org
Fri Jun 22 09:28:21 PDT 2012

I realize that there may not have been official minutes
(though I would think there would be) but meeting notes of
some sort should be posted on the website for all SCN folks
to see.  Another way of keeping them informed and a
reminder that SCN is still alive.

Lois

> Thanks, Randy.
>
> Yes, that is my recommendation. I thought it was a good
idea to invite
> everybody and it seems like the right thing to do now to
let them know
> what happened at the meeting. (I don't mind the fact that
it takes the
> machine a day or more -- I hope it doesn't require that
kind of
> attention from you or any other human!)
>
> And while I don't think we should send notes to the whole
list all the
> time I strongly believe that the SCN community should
receive updates
> several times a year. To my mind this would be necessary
part of any
> rebuilding effort.
>
> I'd be happy to draft, review, or contribute to the note.
 Let me know!

> -- Doug
>

> On Jun 21, 2012, at 12:56 PM, Randy Groves wrote:
>
> > So you're saying send out a report to all the users of
SCN?  That's
> who was invited.  Not saying that we should or shouldn't,
but just be
> aware that sending to all the users of SCN takes a day or
more - if we
> do it in a way that doesn't bring the system to its knees.
> >
> > -randy
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Doug Schuler
> <douglas at publicsphereproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > I think that Joe's right. Let's use the existing list.
> >
> > What I'd like to see is a brief report on the meeting
sent to
> everybody who
> > was invited to the meeting in the first place.
> >
> > That way the invitees would get some information about
the project.
> They'd
> > get a little closure on the fact that we actually had a
meeting and
> that there
> > is a feeling that we can move forward.
> >
> > I think the note should also extend an invitation to
everybody to join
> the
> > scn list so they could hear about what ideas we have
and how they
> > could participate more if they choose to.
> >
> > It also should contain information on how one becomes
an SCN member.

> > Thanks!
> >
> > On Jun 21, 2012, at 8:54 AM, jmabel wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, it sounds reasonable. And, as I've said already,
it seems to me
> to make
> >> more sense to use the exisiting list, because it's
hard for me to
> imagine that
> >> anyone interested in the future/survival of SCN/SCNA
would not want
> to at least
> >> observe this discussion, and equally hard to imagine
why anyone *not*
> interested
> >> in that would be on scn at scn.org.
> >>
> >> --------------------
> >> Joe Mabel

new list called
> scn2.
those on this
> list a
also a vehicle to
> include
whatever reason).
> Also -
dependable, on
management software
> than

canvas this list
> and get
for the folks who
> don't
but the first

discussions and planning
> we have
list?  Please
> let me
majority that think
> this is
a new list to

-------------------------------------------------------------------------->
----
> > What  Kind of an Activist Are YOU? Play Activist Mirror
and find out!
href="http://apps.facebook.com/activist-mirror/">http://apps.facebook.com/activist-mirror/</a>>

href="http://www.publicsphereproject.org/">http://www.publicsphereproject.org/</a>>

> > Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for
Communication Revolution
href="http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/">http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/</a>>

href="http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601">http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601</a>>

* * * * * * * *  From the Listowner  * * * * * * * *
To unsubscribe send a message to:  majordomo at scn.org
In the body of the message, type:  unsubscribe scn